Monday

The Ship... er, The Boat

I saw the funniest thing on my way home yesterday. A group of men driving an F-3050 (you know, the largest Ford Pick-up truck you can buy without a commercial company account) were pulling a boat. This was a BIG BOAT – bordering on ship-sized; it was 32’ long if it was an inch. They had stopped at a red traffic light, and when the light turned green they hit the gas.

I drove by the scene going to opposite direction right after that. First I see this insanely large pick-up truck, stopped with all four doors of the cab open, attached to an empty, big-ass boat trailer, parked in front of the big-ass ship. It seems that while the boat trailer decided to follow the truck it was attached to, the ship had other ideas.

The ship was sitting hard on the asphalt, listing to the opposite side of the roadway with a set of cars completely blocked on the side street. Standing around the back of the boat, hands pressed to hips, were the truck crew and the police officers obviously contemplating a way out of the situation.

As I turned my head to gawk, I saw the punch line written on the stern of the boat… the name of the ship was The Senseless.

No comments: